Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life Happens

Sometimes life takes you in a totally different direction than what you thought your "plan" was.  I learned the lesson today that everything happens for a reason,  and even though it is not in your "plan", it is for the best in the long scheme of things.  Last night, I made the mistake of checking my email.  We received an email from our mortgage company stating that they want the purchase price of our house to be $220,000.  That means that we would have to come up with about $80,000 for the short sell to go through.  At the end of this month, it will be seven years since we have lived in this house.  Who new the market would drop more than 60%!  Anyway, we have been trying to short sell our house since the beginning of June.  Our 1st lien holder  pre-approved us for the short sell back in July, but we had to get our 2nd lien holder on board.  Once we got our 2nd lien holder on board, our 1st lien holder has been going back on their word.  They are coming up with all these "new" rules!  Needless to say, this bit of bad news has put me in a bad mood all day.  I just feel stuck!  They wouldn't let us refinance to get the current interest rate, and now they are trying to force us to not make our payments.  I'm not sure what to do--I want to be honest, but it is hard when we are dealing with dishonest people.  I have learned that maybe this short sell is not going through because Heavenly Father has something else in store for us!
Everything has seemed to go wrong today.  When I woke up this morning, I got a text saying that I had a Young Women's Board Meeting at 7pm.  I told Vance at lunch time, and he said that he had a meeting at 8pm.  Vance ended up getting home late, which made me late for my meeting.  I thought the meeting was at the church because it didn't say where it was in the text, but when I got to the church I couldn't find any familiar faces.  I finally found some familiar faces, but it was the wrong meeting, so I called the Young Women's President.  She told me that it was at the secretaries house.  I asked her if she still wanted me to come because I was already late, and I had to leave early so that Vance could get to his meeting at 8:00pm.  She still wanted me to come, but I felt so rude because I was only able to stay for 15 minutes.  This calling came so unexpected!  It was not part of "my plan", but I know that this calling is so inspired of the Lord.  I am not sure why I received this calling, but I know it is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
Life throws at you all sorts of curve balls, but I am so grateful for my family and the knowledge I have of the gospel.  This afternoon I was upstairs doing some things on the computer, and I noticed that it was a little quiet.  When I walked downstairs, I saw these two precious boys asleep--it made my day!  Brady also made my day, when I was going over his sentences that he had to write with his spelling words for homework.  His word was "wife", and he wrote, "I have a wife today."  I made him change the sentence, but I got a good laugh out of it!  Even though my life did not go according to "my plan", I am so grateful for my family and the support that they give me!  I have sweet boys that know how to cheer me up, and help me realize what life is all about.  We'll see where life takes us next!

No comments: