Monday, November 17, 2008

Sundays


Every Sunday is interesting because I never know what Brady and Logan are going to say or do during sacrament meeting. Snacks are a must in our family to keep the kids quiet, but sometimes they can get a bit out of hand. On Sunday, November 9th, Logan wanted a fruit snack, but we just ran out so I gave him an animal cracker. He obviously did not want that because the next thing I knew, he threw the animal cracker and it hit the guy sitting behind us in the chest. Poor guy! I have thought about not bringing snacks, but the kids get restless. I bring other things for the kids to do such as looking at books or coloring, but it doesn't seem to keep them entertained long enough. Sometimes I feel like I never get to hear the announcements or talks because the kids always need something! Logan is not the only one to act up during sacrament meeting. Brady has some stories of his own! A couple of months ago, Brady was being a little noisy during the sacrament. I leaned over and wispered to him that during the sacrament is a time that we think about Jesus. Brady yelled really loud, "I don't want to think about Jesus!" Then a few weeks ago, I took his snacks away from him because it was during the sacrament. I was trying to teach him that we dont't need snacks during the sacrament because he was being loud and it was distracting. He then yelled out before we could take him out, "I just want to go potty!" Everybody turned to look at us so it seemed, and I was so embarrassed. I just don't know how parents get their kids to be so good, but I just keep trying to work with them! I keep telling myself to never give up, and they will eventually get it! Hopefully sooner than later!

6 comments:

bug and dude said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who struggles on sunday. Lately my little boy likes to escape the bench.
If anyone finds out a trick pass it on.

Jen said...

Oh Patty! I have decided that church with little ones is more for establishing routine than anything else.... So, here's a quick story for ya: When Jake was about 3 he was passed the sacrament and carefully picked his piece of bread. Then he very loudly and excitedly exclaimed, "I got a naked one!" (referring to a piece without any crust). The Tureks were sitting behind us and said sacrament will never be the same for them - sheesh! Moral of the story: You're not alone!!

Maria Olsen said...

LOL...your kids are so funny. AJ just makes faces at the people behind us and I hear about it during Sunday School.

Karissa said...

Brady is such a funny boy. I LOVE HIM!!!! He really is one of my favorite kids to play with.... He's hilarious!

Jared, Keri,Ashlyn,Anderson & Jaxon said...

Good luck Patty. At least I have a little while before I have to deal with this. Hopefully by then you can give me some tips on how to handle it.

i said...

patty! i just found your blog! i've enjoyed seeing what you guys are up to!

i would have loved the entertainment of a kid yelling about needing to go potty in sac mtg. kids are sooo unpredictable huh!?!?