Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Disguise

I couldn't belive how I looked that I just had to remember this moment! I thought it looked like I put on one of those glasses, nose, and mustache disguises all in one. Mom dropped me off at 'The Las Vegas Surgery Center," and I had to fill out a ton of paperwork. I was a little nervous going in because I wasn't sure what to expect, but mom did give me a couple of ideas about what to expect. The surgery went well, but boy did I look funny! They packed my nose with two straws and guaze so that I could put saline up the straws to keep my nose moist. They told me that it took me 45 minutes to wake up, and that I was a little queasy during the surgery. I obviously didn't remember a thing, but it was very uncomfortable with the guaze and straws up my nose. Mom and dad took me to my appointment on Monday, and the doctor took the packing out of my nose. I look normal now, but it is still tender. The surgery was a success! I can breathe!!

No comments: