Thursday, October 11, 2012

Logan Can Ride a Bike

 It was a rainy day all day, but when I picked Brady up from school, the rain had stopped.  Since the rain had stopped, the boys wanted to ride scooters and bikes.  Brady immediately chooses his scooter and Logan chose his bike.  I was just talking with Angie this week about how to teach my children to ride a bike without training wheels because I have been wanting Brady to learn how to ride a bike.  I told Brady that I was not going to buy him a bigger bike until he learns how to ride it without training wheels.  Brady just doesn't have the patience to learn.  Clark was having fun on his scooter.

I was watching Logan ride his bike, and because his training wheels are so bent, he was riding his bike without using the training wheels.  I told him that he should try the other bike.

So he did!  It only took me a couple of times to start him, and he was doing it all by himself!  I couldn't believe  that all it took was Logan loving to Ride His Bike that got him to do it on his own.  He still loves the other bike better, but he doesn't use the training wheels at all.  I am just going to have to take the training wheels off when he's at school someday!

Notice Brady in the background watching his younger brother do what he can't do yet.  He even told me that he wants to learn to ride his bike so that he can be like Logan.  I can't believe how well Logan is doing on his bike.  Now we just need to work on his steering!

No comments: