Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brady's Soccer Tournament

Brady's league (U7) didn't have a tournament, but the U8 division invited anyone in the U7 division to play in their tournament.  Brady's coaches thought it would be a good experience and good practice for them.  The tournament happened to be on Saturday and Sunday (May 19th and 20th).  I wanted Brady to support his team, but we had a choice to make.  Most of Brady's team is LDS, and I was worried that they wouldn't have enough players.  Then I heard that one of Brady's teammates, Aspen, told her mom, "I don't think I should play on Sunday, Mom!"  Her mom was shocked, but was proud of her for making that decision.  That was such a testimony to me that we should not play soccer on Sunday.  I knew that all along, but I didn't want to let the team down.  Brady kept saying how much he wanted to play on Sunday, but he understood why we don't play soccer on Sunday.  It all worked out, and Brady had so much fun playing in the tournament on Saturday.  

Game #1     Sidekicks versus Galaxy   9:30am



The boys did well against this team, but they were tough.  We lost 1-4.


Game #2      Sidekicks versus Firerunners     3:30pm

We almost tied, but they scored a goal at the last second.  We lost 1-2.
This was fun for the boys, and they had a great attitude!  I found out that they ended up winning on Sunday 6-3.  Brady had a great team this year, and he is looking forward for the fall season!


No comments: