Sunday, April 7, 2013

General Conference



Usually I print out General Conference Packets with different activities for the boys to do while we watch Conference.  Well, this year I forgot to print out the packets.  Yesterday they were okay during the sessions, but they could do better.  I felt like I couldn't hear the speakers very well.  I was looking for any idea that would keep the boys interested in listening to conference.  I saw this idea on facebook from one of my friends.  I had six bowls filled with Legos.  Each bowl had a word to listen for on them, such as Prayer, Scriptures, Temples, Love, Jesus Christ, and Family.  It worked well!  We had a great Sunday morning starting out with Star Wars Pancakes, and then listening to Conference.  The boys listened very well.  Every time they heard a word, they would pick a Lego from that bowl.  Pretty soon they had enough Legos to build something.  I loved it because I could hear the speakers and concentrate on what they were saying, and the boys loved it because they had an activity that also helped them listen to the speakers.  In the afternoon session, we used the smaller Legos because we ran out of some Legos in certain bowl in the morning session.  It also gave them more options on what they could build.  This idea is definitely a keeper!  We'll have to try it again next time!  I love to hear from the General Authorities!  It was a great Conference!

No comments: