Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Birthday Celebrations




I am not very good with taking pictures when the event is about me.  On Friday, my actual birthday, Mom and Dad watched the boys while Vance and I went on a date.  We went to see the movie "Tower Heist", and then we went out to eat at "Olive Garden".  Of course I didn't take any pictures of the two of us or even Mom and Dad with the boys.  Anyway, the celebration continues.  On Saturday, I went to see 'The Lion King" at Mandalay Bay.  A fifth grader at the school where Stacey teaches, won the essay contest put on by "The Lion King".  That meant that the whole school got to see the show.  Stacey invited me as her guest, and I helped her chaperone her 2nd grade class (18 students).  We had a great time, and then we went to dinner at Panda Express.  It was quite the experience to ride the School Bus--they took the long way to Mandalay Bay.  It was a good show.  Again, I forgot to bring my camera to take pictures.
Then on Sunday, Vance's Mom made my birthday dinner.  We had Chicken Cordeon Bleu, potatoes, Rice Pilaf, fruit, and salad, and French Silk Pie with cream puffs for dessert.  It was yummy.  Mom and Dad came for dinner, and we had a great time.  I finally told Vance to take a couple of pictures so that it can be documented that I turned 36.  Thanks to everyone that made it a special birthday for me this year.

1 comment:

Maria Olsen said...

Happy Birthday and yes it is hard to get pictures of other events that don't include kids. You look great!