Thursday, August 25, 2011

Laundry Disaster

So a couple of weeks ago my washer started flooding.  Now this is the second time.  We had it repaired one and a half years ago.  We thought the leak was coming from the gasket, so we ordered the part and installed it, but that was not the problem.  It did need to be replaced any way.  So Vance looked to see where the leak was coming from, and he discovered that it was coming from the pumps where we had it repaired before.  The patch just didn't hold any more.  We ordered the part and installed it, and it worked.  In the mean time, I did a few loads of laundry at Vance's parents house to hold me over!  Now I can do laundry again!  Through this whole process, we decided to redo our laundry room and make it more functional.  Vance installed new cabinets, and I painted!  I used the green paint that my parents gave me when we first moved in the house five and a half years ago.  Now we have a new laundry room, and I love it!  I also used the same paint to paint the bathroom downstairs, which was what I was going to do when we first moved in the house.  Better late than never!



No comments: